Founded in 2018 by Camila Yunes Guarita, Kura Arte is an art advisory service. Our goal is to demystify the art world, promoting dialogue between different market agents – collectors, artists, galleries and institutions. In the midst of a vast and diverse artistic production, Kura meets the demands of an effervescent cultural scene, providing guidance to collectors, cataloging private collections, helping young emerging artists to navigate the market and carrying out special curatorial projects.
Graduated in Architecture at Mackenzie University (São Paulo, Brasil) and École Nationale d’Architecture Paris Val de Seine, Camila Yunes Guarita also attended Contemporary Art and Its Market, How the Art World Works and Foundations in History of Art at Sotheby’s London. She worked with sales & liaisons at Galleria Continua, Galeria Nara Roesler and on the production team at Aveline Gallery. She co-founded GoART Art Advising from 2015 to 2018 and since 2018 she has been VIP Representative for ARCO Madrid and Lisboa and founder and executive director at Kura.
Kura provides bespoke guidance tailored to the interests and wishes of its clients, accompanying them at every stage of the acquisition process. We inform collectors of market trends in the art world and develop a strategy that will maximize value, quality, and significance of their art.
- Developing a strategic plan;
- Market research on a local and international scale;
- Sales and acquisitions;
- Pre and post-sales logistics;
- Secondary market sales strategies;
- Access to key players in the arts system including curators in leading institutions, collectors and museum directors;
- Advising on loans to museums and institutions.
Expanding its art advisory services, Kura created an area dedicated to the cataloguing of private collections, organizing them both physically and digitally.
- Cataloguing and collection database;
- Coordination and oversight of shipping, framing, installation, storage and conservation;
- Dialogue with external agents – institutions, cultural centers, other private collections and auction houses;
- Appraisal services for insurance, taxation, loans;
- Digital or printed publication.
Understanding that the process of creation and circulation of artworks demand different strategies, KURA aims to provide an environment of support and advice for young emerging artists.
- Assistance with creative process, projects and exhibitions development;
- Conceptual discussions about the work;
- Research and presentation of references;
- Portfolio development;
- Production of critical texts on the works, projects and exhibitions;
- Registration in residences, salons and prizes;
- Pricing of works according to the national market;
- Strategic planning and content production for social media.
Kura develops customized projects with different brands, bringing contemporary art into other segments by curating and promoting stimulating experiences.