Founded in 2018 by Camila Yunes Guarita, Kura is an art advisory service. Our goal is to demystify the art world, promoting dialogues between different market agents – collectors, artists, galleries and institutions. In the midst of a diverse artistic production, Kura meets the demands of a vast cultural scene, providing guidance to collectors, cataloging private collections, helping young emerging artists to navigate the market and carrying out special curatorial projects.
Art advisor and founder at Kura, Camila holds a Bachelor ‘s degree in Architecture from Mackenzie University (Brazil) and École Nationale d’Architecture Paris Val de Seine (France). She specialized in Arts at Sotheby’s London (UK), where she attended the courses: “Contemporary Art and Its Market”, “How the Art World Works” and “Foundations in Art History”. She began her career in Sales & Liaisons at Galleria Continua and Galeria Nara Roesler. She also has a background in production, through her work experience at Galerie Aveline. She was the co-founder of GoART Art Advising (2015-2018). She is currently executive director at Kura and VIP Representative for ARCO Madrid and Lisbon.
Kura provides bespoke guidance tailored to the interests and wishes of its clients, accompanying them at every stage of the acquisition process. We inform collectors of market trends in the art world and develop a strategy that will maximize value, quality, and significance of their art.
- Developing a strategic plan;
- Market research on a local and international scale;
- Sales and acquisitions;
- Pre and post-sales logistics;
- Secondary market sales strategies;
- Access to key players in the arts system including curators in leading institutions, collectors and museum directors;
- Advising on loans to museums and institutions.
Expanding its art advisory services, Kura created an area dedicated to the cataloguing and management of private collections, organizing them both physically and digitally.
- Cataloguing and collection database;
- Collection management;
- Coordination and oversight of shipping, framing, installation, storage and conservation;
- Dialogue with external agents – institutions, other private collections and auction houses;
- Appraisal services for insurance, taxation, loans;
- Digital or printed publication.
Understanding that the processes of creation and circulation of artworks demand different strategies, KURA aims to provide an environment of support and advice for young emerging artists.
- Assistance with creative process, projects and exhibitions development;
- Conceptual discussions about the work;
- Research and presentation of references;
- Portfolio development;
- Production of critical texts on the works, projects and exhibitions;
- Registration in residences, salons and prizes;
- Pricing of works according to the national market;
- Strategic planning and content production for social media.
Kura develops customized projects with different brands, bringing contemporary art into other segments by curating and promoting stimulating experiences.